children's writer

Previously...

Feb 24, 2016

Hello guys! Welcome to another edition of "Previously,"  a blog hop put on by Miss Cole, where writers share their month in writing and reading so far.


Previously in Writing

This month in writing has been wonderful. I can't tell you exactly how many words I've written, but I'm nearing the 20k mark in my WIP. I'm still posting my work to Wattpad. I've gotten some pretty encouraging feedback, and my short story, THE RIOT QUEENS, is going to be featured on the site in March. Still, although my writing is going well, I have all of these ideas swirling around in my brain that I want to write. It's so hard keeping them at bay, but I know I need to stay focused.

Previously in Reading

I haven't been reading as much as I should have. I've started two books this year, which I haven't finished. Currently I'm reading Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto. I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm determined to finish. Even if I have to read all night, I will finish.

Next Time in Goals

I'm thinking I want to take part in a self-directed writing workshop, You can read all about it here. Other than that, my goals are to finish the book I'm reading right now. I still have to edit my NaNo novel, and I've given myself a deadline of April 1st for a second draft. We'll see how that goes. As for my current WIP, I want to be close to 40k next time we chat.

A Word of Advice

My best advice this month would be to take more chances with your writing. Don't be afraid to put it out into the world. You never know what might happen. This is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm constantly searching for new opportunities.
8 comments on "Previously..."
  1. Hooray for writing! 20k is fantastic :D And the idea of a self-guided workshop is very intriguing. I shall have to look into that.

    Great advice, too. It's amazing how daunting it can be to write about some things, but the challenge is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Cole! I'm really excited about trying the self-directed writing workshop. I hope it helps.

      The challenge is certainly always worth it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're making great progress on the WIP!

    That self-directed writing workshop sounds great. It's similar to something I've been working on over the past few months, analysing my own reactions as a reader and why certain things work for me. It's really helping me see how to get the right response from readers and what I'm trying to achieve in my writing.

    Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma! The self-directed writing workshop is so helpful. I've already finished one book, and pinpointing exactly what I liked about that story has helped so much.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're in an amazing groove with the WIP! Good luck with the NaNo Novel. I'm just diving into round two of edits for mine. I haven't time to work on my new WIP yet as a result, but soon, very soon ... it's a huge and sort of risky topic that I'm dealing with in it. I'm loving writing it though. Even if it's only for me, it will totally be worth it!

    The self-directed writing workshop sounds AMAZING. I'm definitely going to look into scheduling one of these for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to take it slow by editing one chapter at a time. You should definitely try the self-directed writing workshop. It's quite fun and eye opening.

      Delete