children's writer

Previously...

Jun 29, 2016

Hello guys! I missed last month's post yet again, but I'm participating this month in another edition of "Previously," a blog hop put on by Miss Cole, where writers share their month in writing and reading so far.

Previously in Writing

There was a moment this month where I felt like I didn't know which project to focus on, but now I'm back working on my Beauty and the Beast retelling. It's going well. I'm also planning another novel, which I'm really excited about. I've been in the mood for both Gothic and fantasy novels recently, and both of my stories satisfy those cravings. I also need to revise my MG, but I'm taking a break from it first. During the time I wasn't writing, I made some completely amateur book covers for BEAUTY MOST RUINED.


Previously in Reading

What reading? I haven't finished a book in weeks, and I know that's really bad. There are a few books I hope to pick up quite soon like A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I read the first book and loved it. I heard this one is phenomenal. I put it on hold at the library, but I think I might just purchase a copy.

Next Time in Goals

I will be participating in Camp NaNo in July to finish up the first draft of my retelling. I do hope by the end of the month I'll be able to say that I won. I'm aiming for 60k and I have about 13k written right now. As for other goals, I'd like to at least finish reading a book. That would be nice.

A Word of Advice

Another blogger said something recently which I thought was really insightful. She said, "Let the story be your guide. It knows where it wants to go."

I really like that.
2 comments on "Previously..."
  1. Your cover looks great! You should make them for self-pubbed authors ^_^

    Best of luck with Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I was good enough to design covers professionally.

      Delete